8.23.2010

I Scream...You Scream

We all scream for ice cream!

When family and friends were together earlier this month for a vacation on Cape Cod, Dixie made delicious (and deliciously easy) ice cream sandwiches for an after dinner treat. They were so popular that she made more later that week. What is it about ice cream that makes all happily regress to childhood?

The ULTIMATE ICE CREAM SANDWICH



When was the last time you had a ROOT BEER FLOAT?



Looking for a summer dessert? ALMOND ICE CREAM CAKE sounds very tempting!



Or CHOCOLATE COOKIE ICE CREAM CAKE



My aunt brought JENI'S ice cream to a dinner I hosted a few months ago. It is the best ice cream I have ever had, but you have to be willing to splurge. ($9 - $13 per pint) I like the Salty Carmel - the perfect combination of sweet and salty. If you are here in Boston, you can buy it at FORMAGGIO.






Indulge and have some ice cream before summer ends!

Images: Cafe Society, Country Living, Serious Eats

2 comments:

  1. What salty carmel ice cream? Oh my goodness, I might have to drive to Boston just to eat your aunt's ice cream. During the summer months I make homemade ice cream in the Hamptons followed by baking cookies and make the ultimate homemade dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is another Salty Caramel ice cream I (the aunt) have also discovered in Boston--made by a New England company called Batch (and it's less expensive than Jeni's--which is truly phenomenal ice cream). A pint of Batch Salty Caramel is only $6.95 at Formaggio's.--PPM

    ReplyDelete