2.07.2012

Interview: Sweet Master Miche Bacher


Last summer we did an amazing wedding in the Hamptons. Every detail was stunning and the party went on until dawn. (That may have been in part to the celeb DJ who came after the band.) Through this wedding we found the wonderful company MALI B SWEETS


The talented duo of Miche Bacher and Nanao Anton bring extraoridnary creativity and an eye for detail to every creation.

A few of their wedding cakes






A few special occasion cakes






Mali B has a wonderful assortment of sweet treats available via mail order just in time for Valentine's Day!



Now that you have seen their work, let's get down to the interview shall we? Miche was kind enough to take a break from the kitchen and answer some questions.

Two "must haves" when you entertain at home?
There a a lot of answers, but I couldn't do without great music and well fed and "watered" guests

What is your greatest extravagance?
SHOES!!!! I have a weakness...My favorite is pair of Louboutin Ponyhair Heels (open toe of course) that are to die for!

And reading...

Two famous people you would love to have at your next dinner party?
Richard Feynman (though I am afraid that would take some form of magic) and Jon Stewart

A few hot entertaining or wedding trends that you think are fantastic?
I think small unexpected bites and personalized details top my list. I love the trend of small food because you get to try so many more things, and the fact that couples are bringing more and more of their personalities to the event is brilliant - think outside the box!

And a few that you could leave behind?
CUPCAKES (did I shout that - so sorry!) and overdone pink on pink.

Two things you can't live without?
Oh - So easy - my kids - my boys are the things I cherish most in the world. (though if I could add my husband as a third that would be a nice bonus please).

The best party you ever attended and why?
Don't know that I've been there yet, but if I had to choose one so far, I would have to say it was the destination wedding of a dear friend because we were an intimate group on a warm beach in Costa Rica; well fed and well watered, and we danced all night long and into the morning's sunrise.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
I am a classically trained acupuncturist.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the introduction, Kate! This is one talented person!! Quite the artist too.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented team! Those speciality cakes are simply stunning!!

    I was just at three parties last week. The 2 more intimate ones, to Miche's point, were the ones that felt special! (Note to self - smaller gatherings).

    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would love to meet Miche, not only is she talented but she's an acupuncturist too! And that book cake is unreal!! This is a post I must share!!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work and I can't imagine what these cakes taste like! Thank you for sharing the interview!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete